5/29/08

Deceptively Delicious

At my request, Jeff gave me the cookbook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. It's been so fun to try new recipes. For those of you who haven't heard of the concept behind it...you puree veggies & hide them in the recipe. So those terrible little eaters don't realize you just got squash, carrots, pumpkin, etc in their tummies. The recipes are good, but taste a bit to "healthy" for my liking. So I decided to puree up my own recipe. I make this Streusel Cake recipe below, but I added over 1/2 c butternut squash & sprinkled milled flax seed, decreased the water, upped the bake time. It was the most moist, delicious thing ever! Do you think Jessica would mind if I wrote her sequel "Deceptively Delicious & Not Quite So Nutritious"?

QUICK STREUSEL CAKE

1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. water
2 eggs
1/4 c. oil

STREUSEL:
4 tbsp. flour
1 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. melted butter
Nuts (optional)

Grease sheet cake pan. Heat oven at 350 degrees. Pour batter in pan. Sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 20 or 25 minutes. Serve warm.

1 comments:

Audra Bollard said...

Welcome to the blogging world Bridgette! It's such a great way to stay in touch. Your two little ones are adorable, and it was fun seeing some of your extended family in the photo slideshow. Glad you're still loving life in AZ!