6/1/09

Palm Springs

The past couple days we got to vacation in style. This Marriot resort was absolutely amazing! Pools, splash pads, playgrounds, arcades, activities...they had it all! They had deep pools, lap pools, 1 ft kiddie pools, beach-style pools & Ty's favorite, the waterslide pool.

(Ty)

Ty's friend Derrick moved to a new house recently, so "new house"/"old house" entered his vocabulary. This was his new house with stairs & elevators. He did not want to go back to the old house.


Sydney did have 1 morning that made me wish this were a kid-free vacation. Jeff was at a confrence (the real reason for going). I was just trying to get us out the door & get the room clean enough for a maid to walk into. Sydney was busy unrolling the whole roll of toilet paper, bending my sunglasses, emptying the garbages, repeatidly turning on the disposal, dumping milk & water into the recycling bin. Thinking it couldn't get worse I sent them both to the balcony. I glanced out there to see them both throwing handfuls of Dorritos over the side coating the 2 levels below us. When we got to the activity center the 1st thing I did was check to see if they have childcare. I was done! ...luckily it got better!

Our friends who live out there joined us for swimming & Red Robin. Jeff & Brigham have been friends since they were young. I don't think Jeff & I would have met, had it not been for Brigham. They are moving our direction soon & we are thrilled about it!
Now it's back to work, school & the old house. We had a great time. I of course look like a lobster now, but there is only so much spf 70 can do with this skin. Photobucket

4 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

What fun family memories, especially for your little Dorito rainmakers! :)

Darice said...

Looks like you had F-U-N (minus the one crazy morning)!!! I love the old house/new house- I suppose it is never too early to start the be-happy-with-what-you-have lesson! Doritos over the balcony I bet you were DYING!!

Nick and Ashley said...

Those are great memories!
Aloe does wonders. ;)

Kelly and Megan said...

Looks like so much fun! Love the pictures! I don't know if because it is summer or the fact that Katelyn is sleeping on me right now, causing me to die of heat, but those swimming pictures sure look refreshing!