Jeff's parents were recently visiting. We headed up to cooler country in Sedona. We stayed at a beautiful resort right in with the shops. We swam, went to the trout place to feed fish, hiked, visited ruins, shopped, it was a good time!
The ruins @ Montezuma's Well
On Saturday morning we walked to the river that ran through the bottom of the resort. There were ducks & large shady trees, very pretty. Ty was walking along the edge and I was just steps behind him. Jeff told Ty to be careful & Ty said he was being careful. Next thing you know Ty gets close to the edge, the ground breaks away & down he goes, on leg in. I was right there & grabbed him out, slipping & cutting myself, but no big deal. New clothes, new shoes, we were good.
Next we went hiking. Ty was wearing his new hiking boots & seemed to have trouble walking. I should have brought a pack of band aids, because he was crashing every few feet.
Next we went over to Slide Rock. For those of you that don't know the place, it has a rough uncomfortable slide made up of a river running through moss covered rocks. Very slippery, very cold. Ty wanted in the water as soon as we got there. But we had to find a place to "park", clothes to change, shoes to take off, sunscreen to apply. He kept wanting in & we'd say "wait, wait, wait."
Finally, we walked over to where in was ankle deep. Jeff was ahead with Sydney. Ty was heading to the 3 inches of water & I let him finally go in. Seconds later, he slips on the mossy ground & slides down to the next lower level. The next level was very deep. His head was above water, but his eyes were big & he was panicking. I raced around Jeff (who was holding Sydney, not knowing what was going on), to the lower level & tried to give Ty a hand to get out. Where I was standing was so slick & I immediately fell in next to Ty. I was then holding Ty up by his arm, unable to get any footing because it was too mossy. I then realize that I am holding my purse with cell phones, both wallets, my last checkbook, key-less remote entry, everything. I am then holding Ty up, my purse up & trying to keep my head up too. A man comes over to rescue us & he falls down, joining us in the water. He takes Ty & hands him to a lady. Another lady came & grabbed my purse, another man came over & helped me out. I think that was the 1st time ever that 50 degree water didn't feel cold. Ty was fine, but the adventures stopped there.
Other than that...we've been dealing with sick children, working, lots of school and trying to get a second home. We are learning about the foreclosure game. We have a bid in, but as it goes, so do many others. We'll let you know if we get anything. Thankfully our current mortgage (being so small) would allow us to rent our home until the market improves.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the falls. That is exactly why you should always have a video camera ready. I'm sure AFHV would have a big payday waiting for that event.




4 comments:
Please tell me you aren't moving...
What an adventure you had! My heart was racing just reading it! I'm glad you were all okay, that is so scary!
And seriously... that 2nd house is in Buckeye right? If so then Yeah! And get one with a pool :)
We are looking in Buckeye & pool (or unfinished backyard to do a pool). Hopefully a house to hold more parties & more friends. :-)
I agree with Mindy- You HAVE to be staying!! Good luck on the search- what a wonderful opportunity for you and Jeff!
Oh, and I am so glad none of you got hurt! What a story!
Post a Comment