5/17/09

Cyberchondria

Why is the kids who will eat anything allergic to EVERYTHING??
Check out this little allergy face! I can't even figure out what it is because she looks like this most of the time these past few weeks.

Here is the latest: They go away in 12-24 hours. Are these hives??
Yesterday it was her low back & left leg, today its her right leg. No changes to laundry detergent or anything. I know I need to get her to a specialist, but it's horrible timing. Our insurance is no longer offering coverage in AZ (as of June), so I've been researching companies to apply for. Not the time to be adding problems to her medical record.

Photobucket

5 comments:

The Wright's said...

Um yup, those are hives! Poor little thing. That is miserable! She could get hives from something she ate. I got them once from a medicine I was taking. I guess just keep the benedryl in and on her until new insurance comes along. If it gets worse or it seems like her breathing changes, then maybe take her in. I am no expert though, just offerring my friendly opinion. : ) I feel so bad for her, that just seems so itchy.

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Oh, sweet Sydney smiling through it all! :) I hope the hives get better very very soon, and that awesome new insurance coverage is found on the double!

Darice said...

No fun! Poor Sydney! I hope she feels better soon!!

Barnes Family said...

Oh boy! That looks like what Madi gets. Madi's allergist just says to give her some benadryl and like Tifany said if she starts having trouble breathing take her to the ER immediately. They also say that if she starts acting really strange to take her in. Just pay attention to what she eats and what happens because the first out break isn't as bad as the next usually. If that makes sense. When Madi gets the rashy hives on her skin (which is a lot) we wash the area with soap and put cortisone cream on it. Good luck! I don't wish allergies to food on anybody it makes things very interesting.
Poor little munchkin..

Bridgette said...

Thanks for the info girls! Who needs to cyber diagnose when you've got moms around. When I 1st saw a 4 inch oval on her back I initially thought she picked up ring worm at the splash park. How bad would that be? Yuck!