5/5/09

Anniversary

Happy Cinco de Mayo to you! And Happy 8th Anniversary to us!

You know how 2 months before your anniversary you start to round up the years you've been married? Well, now that today is our anniversary, I feel like...we've only been married 8 years? I should do the math. But yes, 8, a wonderful 8. In honor...here are 8 things I love about our marriage:

1) We have the best unspoken give & take ever! We rarely talk about it, but I would be surprised if Jeff didn't feel the same.

2) Jeff is SO tolerant & understanding of my peculiar ways. Like when he can only use a certain cutting board, or utensil so the meat won't contaminate it. I think this would have been a "deal breaker" for most guys.

3) Our choice subjects allow us to work really well as one & not butt heads on our knowledge. He is the medical, science, history guy & I am anything but those.

4) We are both TV junkies & I totally enjoy that our late evenings are spent together deciding who is next to go on Survivor, or how we feel so lost after Lost.

5) In the last 8 years we've gone on some awesome trips. I love that we could share those experiences together. (Cancun, Honduras resort style & roughing it, snowboarding in Utah a few times, an AZ winter cabin, Disney land & world, Maine, Cape Cod...I could go on).

6) I love that we usually see things the same. The older I get the more I realize everyone sees thing so differently.

7) I love that we are each others #1.

8) I love what it took to get us here, to now. I love that Jeff knew his interests & his choice career, I'm glad we were led to AZ and so grateful our children came easy for us. I just love the lives we've built. I would not want to be anywhere else but here & now...and together.

Happy Anniversary Jeff. I love you!

Photobucket

6 comments:

The Karafa Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Such a cute love note!

The Wright's said...

I woke up this morning and said to myself, it is Cinco de Mayo...that means it is Jeff and Bridge's anniersary. I am so glad you guys picked an easy day to remember these things. : )

Happy Anniversary! Eight years, holy canoli. Congrats on your extreme happiness!

Darice said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love the eight things you love about your marriage!

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Your list is great- I feel so lost after Lost, too! :) May you have a lifetime of wedded bliss to come!

Kelly and Megan said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope it was a great day. You and Jeff are such great examples to me!

Kelly and Megan said...

Oh, I hope you don't mind that I put a link to your bows on my fb status. I just love to spread the word about your stuff!