3/30/09

The Busy Simple Life

I don't know what I did with my time before I had kids. Here is what we've been up to lately:

Friday: After teaching Preschool, I realized Sydney was being quiet...never a good sign. She got the soap pump from the bathroom. The aftermath...


I don't know if she was trying to wash her hair or her tutu, but she suceeded.

Saturday: I did not make bows. Hard to believe, I know! Instead I built 2 frames & a new desk for our computer. We keep our computer in the kitchen. It was on a sad old microwave cart. I got to use my 2 awesome saws that I got for Christmas. With my grand carpenter skills (ha ha)...I didn't buy anything, just used scrap wood we had left from other projects. I'm sure someday I'll have it sitting by the curb with a 'free' sign, but for now it's my little masterpiece. Did I make you proud Tif??

The plan was to add doors to the inside part, but our printer is too big.

Monday (today): We had a fun day out. Now we are getting ready to go to Jeff's basketball game. It's the High School's Varsity team vs. the Staff. It should be a blast. Here we are preping the signs.

Thank goodness for washable markers!!


Tomorrow will be an exciting day of work & then a jewlery making Young Women's activity at my house. We love our simple, drama-free, yet crazy busy lives!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Your two kids are so darling!

The Wright's said...

Oh man, I am so proud!!! So, so, very proud!!

Darice said...

Awesome desk!! Love the signs- how was the game?

Kelly and Megan said...

Sydney and the soap was hilarious! Katelyn did the same thing but with hair gel. She ended up with a pretty slicked backed ponytail! Syd is so cute!

Mahers said...

I know what you mean about the scary silence, it's never a good sign and usually going to be a messy discovery. Let me know when that awesome computer cart goes to the curb, you are my idol, it looks phenomenal.