12/14/08

'Tis the Season

I'm going to sound like a broken record here...But It Is SO FUN to have little ones this time of year!


The kids have been watching our street become more & more festive; loving every house, no matter how many or few lights.


Last night I took the kids to our town light parade. It's nothing spectacular, but some of the floats were really cute. We sat on the curb as the parade went through. The kids were waving, clapping & dancing.


We also got a good dose of carolling this week. First we joined the youth. They had a large flat trailer filled with hay bales & probably 40 teens. The kids and I hopped on & enjoyed caroling through the neighborhoods. Then, for enrichment the women went carolling & Sydney came along for that too.


Our other moments lately have been spend painting kids ornaments, making a gingerbread house my parents gave the kids & baking cookies. 'Tis the season!


Ty's most common conversation these days goes like this. "Can I have this?" Our response "No" Ty's follow-up "I got an idea, I can have it for Christmas!"


Ty's most common sentence is, "I want that for Christmas." One of Jeff's friends, whose kids are grown, mentioned that they would correct their children to say: I wish I could have that for Christmas. We are trying it. So now Ty says, "I wish I want that for Christmas."

Photobucket

3 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

We enjoyed the light parade as well. So many fun things to do this time of year! :) Your pictures in the cotton fields are absolutely beautiful!

Darice said...

Ryan had his work party last night- I was hoping to go to the light parade as well- maybe next year!

Nick and Ashley said...

My throat still hurts from caroling!