11/9/08

5K & 3 First Timers

Yesterday Tifany, Jeff & I all ran in our 1st race. It was a great time.
I was a little worried that the course would have hills, but there was just one hill, which allowed us to finish downhill. Not bad at all.
Jeff took 2nd place in his age group! Way to go baby!
We had one of my Laurels watch the kids while we were running. So they got to be at the park with us.
There was a time I thought running was not for me. With a little encouragement & determination, I learned that I was wrong. Running makes me feel like like I can do anything...as corny as that sounds, it's true. Jeff & I have a dream that when our children are grown that we will be able to run with them, snowboard together, do all things physical. I hope our bodies will hold up for it!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud and jealous! You need to make this a habit and force me to join you! I bet the weather was nice too. :)

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

How wonderful!!! :) You can do anything and you are setting such a great example for your children!

Krystin said...

you guys are awesome!! what a great sense of accomplishment too. you maybe just might of motivated me to try to start running.... i would love to do a triathalon though.... not so sure i can do that much of straight running.

Kim said...

Good for you! Now you can join me for the triathlon in May...You know you want to! It's May 9th!