6/5/08

Gotta Love Recipe Group!

My dear friend Holly brought Recipe Group to us Buckeye Gals. It is absolutely fabulous! There are 14 girls in the group. On the first Wed of the month we get together, bring a dish & recipe cards. Check out the cards, they are beyond cute! This month I hosted. The theme was Summer Meals, specified as anything light, refreshing, maybe healthy. Preferably meals that don't require the oven. (Do you guys try not to turn your oven on it the summer? or is that an AZ thing? or maybe a Bridgette thing?) Back to the story: it was the best night. It was so fun to have a house filled with friends. The food (and drink) was amazing. I am so grateful to have such a great group of friends to laugh & bond with.


Here is the recipe I did. The ingredients sound really wierd together, but give it a try. It's my new favorite lunch.


Peanut, Peach, ’n Pineapple Wrap

1 can (8 1/4 ounces) sliced peaches in juices, drained
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
1/2 cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 4 (10-inch) honey-wheat or flour tortillas
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
3 cups lettuce (deeper-green variety), shredded
Preparation:In a medium bowl, combine peaches, pineapple, bell pepper and cinnamon. Warm the tortillas. Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on the bottom half of each tortilla, leaving room on the edges. Spoon equal portions of the peach mixture over peanut butter, then top with lettuce. Fold & Enjoy!

Thanks mealtime.org for the great recipe! I totally reccommend starting a Recipe Group. It will be your most fun get-a-way of the month!

5 comments:

Kelly and Megan said...

I am oficially sad now! It sounds like so much fun. Too bad those darn husband's work schedules get in the way! Maybe another time eh?

Cheryl said...

I notice none of my cards are in the picture Bridgette! :) It's okay. I realize that if they're not scrapbooked they're just not as cute. Honestly. But I'm sticking with my digital world none the less. You girls are all so talented!

Bridgette said...

Cheryl, not only are there none of yours, but notice there are 3 of mine. How rude is that?? Yours are way cute & look so professional. I just grabed out the most "scrapbooked" ones & didn't think about whose they were. What can I say...I have a thing for embelishments. So Sorry!!

Cheryl said...

i know. i was just kidding. they're all very good. :)

Holly said...

Recipe group? Brilliant idea...who thought of that? Just kiddin! Really though, it's the group of girls that make it so much fun every month. What could be better that one night a month of yummy food, great friends, good laughs, and dang cute cards to take home??? I'm so glad you are enjoying it as much as I am!