7/5/10

4th of July

Jeff's parents live in an awesome community not too far from us. On the morning of the 3rd we joined their communities annual bike parade. The kids had so much fun decorating their bike & scooter.
Ty was very serious about the parade. He made sure to keep his order & follow the boy in front of him no matter what. This meant crashing into him & not waiting when his cousins & grandparents were trying to catch up to him.

Sydney only scooted herself for the first 10 feet or so, note to self: a 2 yr old needs a stroller.
Can you tell which one of us is doing P90X?

Here is the rest of the fam catching up.

After the parade they had crafts, lemonade, otter pops, they really went all out. Sydney loved beading necklaces & the pretzel/icing/sprinkles fireworks she got to make a mess with.

The sprinklers came on & the kids asked if they could go play...why not?

The kids were being all cute & fun with their cousins when Aunt Beth mentions that it is reclaimed lake water...nasty!

There wasn't any music, but that didn't stop the dance party!
For the rest of the day we swam & ate at Jeff's parents. That night the guys took off for a Diamondback's game with fireworks. Beth, the little girls & I went to the high school by our house. They held the town's annual firework display. Between the school looking like a jail & the foul mouth teens I think I've officially convinced her that dirt cheap prices aren't enough to get her to live in our town :-(
I don't know how Jeff handles being around todays high school kids. I held back my frustration till the end & then marched over to a group of 10 & set them straight. I think I've got some of my dad's fight in me. :-)
It was a great day celebrating though. It's been so fun having family around to party & play with!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Love the pics, party, and parade! What a fun 4th of July weekend with the fam!

Nick and Ashley said...

So fun! Miss seeing ya around.. Sydney is looking so big with long hair!

Kelly and Megan said...

What a fun time! And I was thinking the same thing about Sydney. Her hair is so long!