2 weeks ago we took a family trip up to Flagstaff. Some friends from our town have a large cozy home up there. They let us use it (once again) for Jeff's birthday weekend get-away.
On Friday the kids went sledding, made snowballs, snowmen & snowforts for what seemed like hours! I was still unbelievably sore, so Jeff did all the work & I took the picts.
We LOVE that the snowy cold mountains are only 2 1/2 hours away. Not close enough to replenish snow gear every year, so the kids wore a mod-podge of what our friends have.
On Saturday Jeff & his friend Duane took off for a day of snowboarding. They had a blast together.
Meanwhile Leah & I had the kids back at the house. They played so well! Movies, games, make-believe, they were cute to watch.
For me it was really good to get away. The surgery was a lot harder on my body than I anticipated. Luckily Jeff's mom took care of everyone the 1st week, because I was completely helpless & loopy. Getting away meant forced relaxing & time to heal...which I needed.
This last picture is Jeff pulling Sydney up the hill...as she slowly slid out. Oh, I love it!




3 comments:
So, I was hoping for at least a side shot photo. . . I hope you are doing okay! Looks like fun. We miss snow.
Oh, what a winter wonderland of fun for the littles and parents alike! I'm so glad you've had time to heal and rest. You looked great on Sunday, truly. Love to you and yours, always!
Post a Comment