12/23/09

The Merriest Place on Earth


One of our friends had a Christmas tradition that I just loved. Their big gift from mom & dad was a family vacation. We adopted the idea & took the kids to Disneyland this past weekend.

We expected unbelievable crowds, but didn't find them. The longest we waited for a ride was 30min. How great is that? We did make good use of fast passes though, maybe that had something to do with it.

I thought Sydney would love the Nemo Sub, but she begged to go home.



Small World was amazing. Their Christmas transformation must have taken thousands. I was thoroughly impressed!




This is both of their Disney faces...just in awe, taking it in.


We took Ty on a lot of big kid rides. He held up strong, but his heart was pounding out of his chest. He didn't shed a tear until on Pirates of the Carribean he thought we were going on it a secound time & just started balling.


Sydney fears 2 things...people dressed up as characters & mice. I knew I just had to take her to meet Mickey.



The castle looked amazing covered in snow. Here is our attempts to capture its magesty...



Our longest wait in line was for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I loved those books when I was little, but why do we wait in line forever for this totally lame ride? It's like the trip wouldn't have been complete without it.



I forgot to add the favorite...Astro Blasters. Whatever happened to letting your little girl win?


We had a fantastic trip. Getting back to the hotel was rough...wrong bus 1st, then the correct bus was doing 2 routes, then we were at the wrong Marriott. Luckily the kids were quiet & patient so that Jeff & I could try to be as well.
If you haven't ever gone to Disney at Christmas-time it is well worth the trip!
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Darice said...

This looks so fun!! I really LOVE the two pictures of Ty and Syd's faces- absolutely priceless! What a wonderful Christmastime for you guys. And Disneyland is completely AMAZING at Christmas!

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

I LOVE Disneyland, fast passes, and your darling family! :) Merry Christmas, my friend!!!

The Karafa Family said...

I wish we knew you were going...We just got back today!! It was amazing!