11/1/09

Halloween 09


It was a fun and busy Halloween week for us. The ward trunk or treat was on Wednesday night. It was surprisingly freezing that night. I got the kids all bundled with the top layer as their costumes. We sweat all the way to the church & when we got there we discovered our new ward does most of their trunk or treat indoors. The kids had a good time. Jeff joined us once he was done at school.



On Saturday night we hung out with some new friends in our neighborhood. They had a party with food, trick or treating & then we came back to their house for games. Sydney loved trick or treating. She was so excited, squeeling & running house to house.

After trick or treating we put the kids to bed & went back to the party. That's one of the joys of having Uncle Jay as our house guest...free kid-less Saturday nights.




I use to love Halloween, but now I am just a whimp about the dark nights and scary masks. I am glad November is here & counting down till I can set up the Christmas tree. According to Jeff I have to be Thankful before I can be Merry.


This is how I made her short hair look like french braids...two connected braids on each side.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Cute kids & costumes make for a very happy Halloween! :) The "Thankful" before being "Merry" comment from Jeff cracks me up!!!

Darice said...

I echo what Lucy said. every. single. word.

Kelly and Megan said...

Sydney is the cutest little Dorothy I have ever seen! Looks like Halloween was fun at your house this year. PS....it was fun seeing you at the park today!