So I am calling on your advice...again. Here is the set-up of our formal lvg / formal dining areas. (Don't mind the shark tent or painting box). The formal dining set will be here in a month. It's from my in-laws & is my absolute favorite piece of furniture they have. I am SO EXCITED to be getting it! Oh yes, my question. I was planning to make the same cornice board for the formal dining window. Do I use the same fabric & do matching curtains, or should I change it? My only other thought is sheer & blinds, but maybe that is because I am afraid of color.
We finally got around to hanging a few things up. Afterwards I told Jeff that now it felt "warm" in here. His respose was to turn the AC down.
This is just a close-up. I like the way this turned out...so don't tell me to change this..K?
The next picture is the oposite side of the room. (Can you see the lovely green going up the stairs? It would be gone by now if it wasn't 20ft high over stairs. ) I was having trouble with the wall above the couch & didn't know how to handle the stairway & centering over the couch. Do I need to drop the smaller picture lower?
Also, I really want to paint that entertainment unit black (Jeff says no), because I think it'll be a while before we get a new TV & built in. We've got a few things further up on the list...pool, surgery, computer desk... not to mention a husband back in school.
Alright friends...please tell me what to do. Email me if you don't want to be publicly opinionated. Thanks!!




8 comments:
I love cornice boards, and think fabric & matching curtains would look lovely in your dining area! I LOVE green but must agree that that shade on a 20 ft high wall might overwhelm me as well. I'm in total support of painting your entertainment unit black, now just to convince Jeff! :) Can't wait to see updates as you continue to beautify your new home. So fun!!!
As always everything looks beautiful! You can't mess anything up, if you tried! So use the same curtains or not, it's going to be awesome. I think though if you are looking to make the dinning area 'feel' separate from the other room, I would change up the curtains. That would be my only decorating tip. Good luck in your projects to come!
I would do different fabric. But this is coming from the lady who's house looks like an exploded box of crayons....
My vote is for match-y/match-y cornice board and curtains. With the low wall I think it would look SO good to have the rooms coordinate. It is coming together very nicely!
You are my inspiration- I have been thinking more and more about getting handy and crafty. I have let that side of me lie pretty much dormant since I moved to AZ, and it is high time I bring it back!
Thank you friend!
-Darice
Hmm, I like when pictures are lined up in the center--maybe you could try that on the stair wall.
What about if you found a bunch of pictures of surfers and hung them up around the moldings?? I always liked that look :)
Your home looks great! You're right--its warm. Makes me want to come and visit.
Hey, I found a lot of fun new blogs/websites with cute home made crafts and decorations. I put some links on my blog. That is the best advice I can offer! You know me, I don't have a creative bone in my body!
Hey Bridge!! I have not read blogs in forever, so sorry I have neglected you.
I like the idea of using the same fabric for the cornice boards because it would tie the two rooms together. You could do different, coordinating fabric too but I like the idea of the same. I think it will look cool because you have panels in the other room and are just doing a cornice in the dining room so it will be a totally different look but yet using the same fabric therefore, bring the whole house together. Aw!
I would take the advice of Jan who said to make the centers of the two pictures align.
Next time I am in AZ, I will bring my good ladder and paint your huge stairwell wall. Sounds like fun to me! You should see the stairwell walls we just got painted and the balancing act that insued to get them done. Yikes!!
K, so what is this about surgery? I will call you tomorrow!
Love ya/Miss ya
Wow Bridgette! I didn't even know you moved! Are you in Tartesso? Your house is adorable and I'm so excited that you have a beautiful dining room table now and one more to come! BTW, I've seen some people get a piece of glass cut to fit the table and put tiny little pieces of that rubber stuff under the corners so it doesn't slide. I agree with all the other comments to this post. Congrats!
Post a Comment