8/22/09

We Are In

We moved in August 14th. Our phone # is the same. If you want our address, just leave a comment & I'll email you.


The move went great. We had so much help! (I think there were at least 20 guys!) A sweet friend picked our craziest day to bring my favorite meal...Chipotle. What a treat & relief not to think about dinner! Another friend brought a load of yummy bread & jam. It had a note that said: We hope your new ward is like this bread, so incredibly wonderful that you don't even notice the crummy parts. How cute is that!

My parents & brother agreed to my last minute request for their help & came out the following day. My mom watched the kids while the men loaded & uploaded the truck, then my dad & brother did all the installs I directed them too. It was great!

Since the 14th I have been working like a mad women. Whenever I think life can't possibly get any busier...it does. I think back to when Ty was an infant & I would be home playing with him, watching the Price is Right & Oprah...I can hardly imagine having that much time.

We love having a bigger home. The kids love the stairs (my least favorite part!). I love being able to do noisy things like unload the dishwasher while the kids are asleep.

NOW THE KID UPDATES:

Ty started at his new preschool. His teacher is fabulous. He has made new friends & gets to ride a little bus with a few other pre-schooler on it. They have a green/yellow/red card system. So far he has had a green card every time. Jeff & I expected that. The little monster only comes out when Sydney is around.

We had rain the other night & tons of lightening. Ty was saying "I'm scared of the rain". So together we watched to storm, oo'd & ah'd for about 15 minutes. Well, now every night at bedtime Sydney has wanted to mimic Ty's fear & says that she is scared of the rainbow. I guess we get a lot more rainbows than rain, so that is what she knows. Another thing she does is say her prayers. She says, "Heaven Father, Thank you for this day. You're welcome."

I'll post pictures as projects are done. For right now just imagine walls the color of 70's avocado green Tupperware. :-)

2 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Oh, those avocado green walls are calling my name! :) Love & hugs to you guys, always!

Mindy said...

Did you paint the green or are you painting over....because I think you perfectly described my new living room color.

Can't wait to see your progress!