7/21/09

Tucson and Possible Trouble in Paradise

We just returned from the Tucson conference...I mean my birthday trip. There were no near-drownings or lost children this time. This resort was all about its pools. Ty & Sydney had just finished another round of swim lessons a week ago. It was so nice to have Ty be comfortable in the water & be able to swim for short distances.

Sydney was the center of attention with her little noodle. She could swim, jump, spin. I even had one mother concerned about her sons development because tiny little Sydney was jumping in & swimming to the edge so well. She's our little over-achiever. Luckily hours & hours in the pool led to good naps from both kids & early bed-times.

This water slide was a total hit. Jeff & I kept hoping it would be our turn to go up with Ty. It's kind of awkward to be 30ish & go up a slide w/o a kid in tow.

Luckily we didn't see this "little" beauty until we were on our way out. That would have made sleeping a bit difficult. *To the family we are trying to drag out West: We have never seen tarantulas within 20 miles of where we live.
The stress-free vacation-mode ended quickly. At home waiting was a phone call from our mortgage company. Apparently the 10% down & 2 month reserves on both homes is now not enough. They now need 6 months reserves on both homes, yikes! We are trying to think outside the box, knowing if its right it'll work out & if not, then no. It's just incredibly frustrating!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kelly and Megan said...

YIKES on the big furry spider! I have never seen a tarantula since we have been here. Let hope this picture is the only close up I'll get! Other than that your trip looks like a lot of fun! I would love to spend a couple of days at a resort, just relaxing by the pool.

Darice said...

So glad we don't see these beauties around here. Although Cambryn it seems wouldn't mind she has been looking at the "bug" all morning! And I quote, "I want to look at the bug mommy, it makes me happy!" WHAT!?! She definitely doesn't have a clue that she is looking at a HUGE, icky tarantula!!
Sorry about the house drama! I pray that everything will go according to the Lord's plan!