2/9/09

The Big 3-0

He's now...

Jeff's big birthday fell on a Thurday, which happens to be my work day. In preparation I spent Wednesday baking like crazy (lots more than pictured). Everything was cooled, iced & in the car before Jeff came home from work.

Thursday (once I finished working) it was time for the delivery. As we were walking up to the school I thought the surprise was ruined; Jeff was welcoming students at the door, looking our direction. Thank goodness for our year-round blinding sun, we still had our cover. Security & a co-worker helped me parade into Jeff's class & sing Happy Birthday. It was fun to have him be surprised.

Here are the lovely decorations, courtesy of Ty.


The next day Jeff was offically thirty. He left the house for his typical morning run...but was gone for over an hour. When he came back I said, "Where were you??" He then tells me that since he's 30 he can't do his typical run. He took an extra long route that travels along workout stations. At the stations he proceeded to do 30 of every excercise. He's got a lot of his dad in him!

Happy Birthday Jeff! I love you!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelly and Megan said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! Way to be sneaky on the delivery. Also, those cookies looks scrumptious!

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

What an awesome wife you are to surprise your husband at work!!! :) Happy birthday to Jeff; may your 30's be wonderful!

The Wright's said...

Happy Birthday you old FART!!