7/12/08

Nothing a Little Glue Can't Fix

After 2 1/2 fun hours at Peter Piper Pizza Ty took a hit to his noggin. I was sitting at a table with Sydney & saw him crying. I slowly walked over to see a huge pool of blood & Ty's face, hands & feet completely covered in blood. Ryan Wright's mom came over & took Sydney. I rushed Ty into the bathroom to see what was under all this bloody mess. The cut looked so deep. The next little bit was just a blur. Ty was calmly sitting while Tifany cleaned him up & was trying to keep me sane. Being that her daughter (Payton) had just broke her arm, Tifany has some necessary blood-stopping supplies in her purse & fixed Ty right up. Thanks Tifany! You are the best.

Here is the ride to Urgent Care...

Waiting & waiting in the waiting room...


Sydney trying to lighten the mood...


And this is when they decided glue would stop the massive out pouring...


So after it was all said & done I thought man, I should have just super glued it. Maybe it wasn't that bad? Then we put Ty to bed & he picked all the glue out! Then the bleeding started again. How could he??? Yes, I was mad after all we just went through together to get the glue on. Jeff took a look at it & agreed that it was a really deep hole. So then, I got my chance to super glue it back together.

I hope I never have to see my kids face covered in blood again. What an awful sight!!
Thanks Tifany for all your help & excellent head wrapping skills. Now I owe you a kit-kat. (if you don't kill me 1st for posting your picture)

8 comments:

Barnes Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wright's said...

You are so dead! Actually, I doubt anyone would recognize that the picture is me because it appears I actually may have showered that day and put makeup on. I am in disguise!!

I thought Ty looked so cool and so tough with his styling head wrap. It was probably a bit extreme but go big or go home, right? I was so amazed at how calm he was. He is such a good kid. I guess it is because he has a good mom.

Beth said...

Are you sure " you're going to miss this"?! Poor Ty Ty. Poor Bridge!

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Super glue rocks!

Audra Bollard said...

What an awful ordeal. Blood makes everything look so much scarier. At least he's a boy and can look tough if it scars, right?

Cheryl said...

I saw the band-aid on his head yesterday. It sounds a lot worse than it looks with the band-aid on. Poor kid! So are we back doing PPP again? Keep me in the loop!

Kelly and Megan said...

Wow, I am missing all the excitement around there! Payton's arm and Ty's head? What's next? I hope everyone stays safe! By the way, your feet picture is super cute!

The Karafa Family said...

Poor little Ty! I saw his bandaid in Primary and had no idea it was something this big!